Re: [Emacspeak] Emacspeak newbie questions

Johann--

Presently, you should be able to use partial matches to pick
a voice, so like "Reed" should work as it is unlikely to have
ambiguous meaning.

So, like:

(setopt swiftmac-default-voice-string "[{voice :Reed}] [[pitch 1]]")

now, if it doesn't load, you might need to use the full name, which
you can find by using the show-voices.swift tool that is in the
swiftmac directory, it allows and it will give you something like

com.apple.eloquence.en-US.Reed

which you can use as well.

----

Once the voice is worked out, you can just use emacs built in
customize and search for the emacspeak-character-echo setting
I believe.