> > Does NSSpeaker support multi-channel output for notifications?
I'm new to emacs and emacspeak, and I'm not sure I understand how this should be implemented. In my implementation I relied on this document:
https://tvraman.github.io/emacspeak/manual/TTS-Servers.html
There's nothing there related to multi-channel speech. I've seen some posts about this on T. V. Raman's blog, but it didn't become any clearer. If you could explain to me how this is supposed to work, I'll try to add this feature as well.
> It's interesting you find Swiftmac less responsive. It is certainly more responsive than VoiceOver's own synthesizer protocol, at least in my view.
I've noticed this slight unresponsiveness in a scenario where, for example, I open a long list of files and start moving through it quickly by holding down the up or down arrow. It's possible this has been fixed upstream, but I also felt that supporting older platforms, roughly from 2007 to 2018, on which AVSpeech is not available, was already reason enough to write nsspeaker.
I even tested it running with emacs 22.1.1 emacspeak 29.0 on a PowerPC virtual machine with OS X 10.5 from 2007, and aside from some differences in the emacspeak protocol itself, it worked.
|Full archive May 1995 - present by Year|Search the archive|
If you have questions about this archive or had problems using it, please contact us.