emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Dealing with log files, tips, tricks, recommendations?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Dealing with log files, tips, tricks, recommendations?

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Dealing with log files, tips, tricks, recommendations?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 10:30:34 -0400

Hey all!

I am working with an application that is generating many log files and in
each log file is a lot of noise, I was wondering if the community had tips
and tricks for dealing with it? Sadly, they are not even in a consistent
format, so I don't even have that going for me.

I saw some posts about using form-mode, but my progress down that path has
been slow and painful. So far my main tool has been using occur or various
terminal tools to filter and parse as best I can, but it all feels 7 degrees
of awful.

Any tips, tricks, reminders, recommendations and mocking welcome!

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton