emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Evil Mode inconsistencies

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Evil Mode inconsistencies

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Evil Mode inconsistencies
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 10:20:52 -0400

Hey all!

I am trying to understand why in evil mode the forward-char and backward-char
readouts are
inconsistent. For example if you were on the "c" in the word "cat" and moved
to the right,
placing you on the "a", it would read out "c" (the char your moved off of),
but in the other
direction, moving backward, it reads the char your land on.

It is very easy to fix, but before I submit a patch for it, is there a logic
here I am missing?
Seems to me it should read the char that you land on when going forward
consistent with
what it does when you are moving backward.

For other evil users, while I am in here, any other inconsistencies I should
look into?

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton