emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] swiftmac does not say punctuation while reading lines

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] swiftmac does not say punctuation while reading lines

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: John Covici <covici AT ccs.covici.com>
  • Cc: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] swiftmac does not say punctuation while reading lines
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 10:30:32 -0500

John--

I am lost at this point. Emacspeak needs a directory to work. Additionally
the code you are talking about has not changed, so it already ran the same
code successfully on your computer.

.servers is a file that holds a list of the servers installed, not a
directory. You have to have an emacspeak directory and in it there is a
servers directory and in that directory is a .servers file that has a list of
the servers.

Sounds a bit confusing, but in short like for my computer:

~/.emacs.d/emacspeak/servers is where swiftmac will be installed, as well as
the scripts like cloud-swiftmac and additionally in the directory is a
.servers files which lists all the servers available. You shouldn't even be
able to see .servers if you are not in the servers directory.

I use emacs and a shell script to find where your emacspeak is installed,
then do the required modifications to the emacspeak install to insert
swiftmac, while leaving turning it on in the users hands.