emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Tips and tricks for learning a new codebase?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Tips and tricks for learning a new codebase?

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Tips and tricks for learning a new codebase?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 10:33:48 -0500

Curious if there are any recommendations for learning new codebases.

I am currently fighting a rather complex codebase for a web app and wondering
if the community has any tricks for staying sane when trying to spin up on
new
projects.

Thus far I have played a good bit with folding, which I like the idea of
because
it makes it easy to skip over or dig in on a block, and while I like the
notion of
it, I hate the actual experience.

Right now, I am mostly maintaining a notes file on the project as I go and
learn each piece, can get clever I think and drop links into the files, or
even sort of build my own annotate by binding a keypress to jump to my
org file and come back.

Any tools or techniques I should add to my bag of tricks?

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists AT robertmelton.com <mailto:lists AT robertmelton.com>