emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] SharpWin (AKA: Windows Native Support)

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] SharpWin (AKA: Windows Native Support)

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: John Covici <covici AT ccs.covici.com>
  • Cc: Devin Prater <r.d.t.prater AT gmail.com>, Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] SharpWin (AKA: Windows Native Support)
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 19:28:15 -0400

Speech Dispatcher is a good idea, looking at it I am unlikely to
use it as it seems like not too much focus is on the Windows or
Mac stuff. I am working with the native systems on both OSes.

I actually did explore using both the Espeak command line tool
which works on multiple platforms and using Mary TTS (Java) and
that didn't work out either, so back to native I go.

Speaking of that, sorry the release of SharpWin is lagging a little
bit, in chasing some bugs I ended up building a little python script
that lets you write test scripts for Emacspeak and list to the
results, so current building feature by feature tests of swiftmac
and SharpWin.

https://github.com/robertmeta/emacspeak-test-tool

----

If you grab the git now of SharpWin, it should mostly work, but
unless you want to look at code, wait a day or two.