emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Def advice vs advice-add?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Def advice vs advice-add?

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Def advice vs advice-add?
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 22:12:24 +0200

Hi,
Curious to hear your views on using def advice versus advice-add in Emacspeak
code. Everywhere online and in info files I see advice-add as the “new way”,
and I wonder why Emacspeak is still using the “old way”. Is there not much of
a benefit gain to be worth the change, or is there an actual performance
loss, or something else?
Thanks,
Parham