emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Emacspeak is no longer announcing company suggestions

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Emacspeak is no longer announcing company suggestions

  • From: Alan Ghelardi <alan.ghelardi AT gmail.com>
  • To: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • Cc: lists AT robertmelton.com, emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Emacspeak is no longer announcing company suggestions
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 10:11:31 -0300

Hello again.

I was examining the code more carefully and I noticed that other messages sent to the notification stream are being spoken normally. So far, only company suggestions aren't working as expected.

I was looking into the company front-end code and one thing caught my attention. In the form below the company suggestion is being sent to the message area, but the code is wrapped into the ems-with-messages-silenced macro:

(defun emacspeak-company-speak-this ()
  "Formatting rule for speaking company selection."
  (ems-with-messages-silenced
   (let ((metadata (funcall 'company-fetch-metadata)))
     (when metadata
       (propertize metadata 'personality 'voice-annotate))
     (message
      (concat (ems-company-current) " " metadata)))))

Is that correct? When I replace the message function with dtk-notify, for instance, Emacspeak speaks the code completion as expected. Does this code work in other TTS engines?