emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Installing BRLTTY

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Installing BRLTTY

  • From: "Jason J.G. White" <jason AT jasonjgw.net>
  • To: emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Installing BRLTTY
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 13:35:11 -0400

On 16/10/24 10:57, Jeff Dittel (via emacspeak Mailing List) wrote:
I would like to get Braille working with emacspeak. To do this my
understanding is that you have to install BRLTTY. I have tried to install it
using home-brew on my Mac and am getting the error that BRLTTY cannot be
found. Does anyone know how to install BRLTTY on a Mac?

I would suggest subscribing to and asking on the BRLTTY mailing list. I don't know whether compiling for MacOS has been tested recently.

You might also be able to use the Braille support in VoiceOver for MacOS alongside Emacspeak, turning speech off in VoiceOver. In either case, it would probably be best to run Emacs in a terminal rather than as a graphical application (i.e., emacs -nw).