Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Any solutions for the queuing issue in Swiftmac?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

List archive

Re: [Emacspeak] Any solutions for the queuing issue in Swiftmac?


Chronological Thread 
  • From: Daniil Gusev <d.gusev2007 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19 AT comcast.net>
  • Cc: "aleland.tech.list" <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>, Doustdar Parham <parham90 AT gmail.com>, aleland.tech.list AT fastmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Any solutions for the queuing issue in Swiftmac?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2026 09:31:55 +0300

Greetings,

If you have the time and inclination, I suggest giving a try to a speech
server I developed with a focus on maximum performance and minimal overhead
between Emacspeak commands and speech playback, back when the swiftmac
version in the Emacspeak tree felt a bit laggy to me.

I haven't managed to switch to Emacs + Emacspeak for my full-time work just
yet, so any feedback would be very valuable.

The latest version of the code can be found here:
https://github.com/Daniil-Gusev/nsspeaker
To build it, simply running `make` in the project folder is enough.

The code itself is around 1,500 to 2,000 lines of fairly easy-to-understand
C89, so exploring the project and changing something, should you wish to,
won't be too difficult either.

I'd be glad if you find this useful.

Daniil


Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Top of Page