emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Problem when editing a document with emacspeak

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Problem when editing a document with emacspeak

  • From: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • To: lists AT robertmelton.com
  • Cc: raman AT google.com, emacspeak AT emacspeak.net, theophilusx AT gmail.com, parham90 AT gmail.com, gtwocher AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Problem when editing a document with emacspeak
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 07:47:48 -0800

I personally dont think highly of visual-line mode; it's a concession
to the binary-file format leaning world which first sucks you in with
long lines. It also leads to poor code quality because unless line
length is enforced, the codebase eventually degrades to a mess of
long, unmanageable lines. So by all means invest time in improving it,
but if you submit patches to Emacspeak in general, I'll ruthlessly
reject any patch that creates lines longer than 80 columns. See make
target ll in lisp/makefile