emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Isearch and org-mode

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Isearch and org-mode

  • From: Bart Bunting <bart AT bunting.net.au>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Isearch and org-mode
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 22:57:08 +1100

Hi everyone,
I find that when I am searching in an Org file, Isearch doesn’t appear to
work for text inside, folded headings.
The variable org-fold-core-isearch-open-function
Suggest that the functionality should work
I guess I’m asking is anyone else seeing this behavior and is it expected or
not?
I recall, I used to be able to search inside, folded portions of a buffer,
but can’t remember specifically when.

I started to dig a little bit, but it did my head in fairly quickly.
Org-fold-core—isearch-reveal appears to be the function that unfolds the
region but I haven’t quite worked out at which point that happens.
I started to try and understand the advice for eye search in
emacspeak-advice.el but to be honest at this point, I haven’t managed to
figure out how the pieces hang together.
Any pointers or confirmation that it does, or does not work for others would
be most welcome.

Regards

Bart