emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Disabling sounds on Mac

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Disabling sounds on Mac

  • From: Liz Hare <doggene AT earthlink.net>
  • To: emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Disabling sounds on Mac
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 12:38:31 -0500

Hi all,

Thanks so much to everyone who works on emacspeak and how well it is working
on Mac.

I just updated to version 59 from 56 yesterday. It's really terrific.

I've been looking for a way to disable the many sounds it makes now. M-x
emacspeak-toggle-auditory-icons doesn't seem to do this. I know it's possible
to change the theme via M-x emacspeak-sounds-select-theme, but I want to quit
the sounds for now.

Thanks,
Liz