emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] [bug] partial crash with no sox on mac

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] [bug] partial crash with no sox on mac

  • From: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • To: "Robert Melton" (via emacspeak Mailing List) <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Cc: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] [bug] partial crash with no sox on mac
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 19:36:00 -0800

Could you regenerate the backtrace with print-* variables set
appropriately -- note that at present the most useful lines are
truncated with ...

The best I can gather is that it bombs on trying to select a sound
theme. I've installed your patch by the way, but if the select sound
theme is the case, then a luser who doesn't have sox will not get
auditory icons at all -- so keep that in mind since that question will
come up and a non-mac user wont be able to explain why