emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] [tvraman/emacspeak] Cannot configure automatic language switching in multispeech server to work with emacspeak (Issue #107)

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] [tvraman/emacspeak] Cannot configure automatic language switching in multispeech server to work with emacspeak (Issue #107)

  • From: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • To: Vsevolod Popov <notifications AT github.com>
  • Cc: tvraman/emacspeak <emacspeak AT noreply.github.com>, tvraman/emacspeak <reply+AAD3P3S5KDSY72ZHZUR6SBWD5DAWBEVBNHHH4E3OCY AT reply.github.com>, "T. V. Raman" <tv.raman.tv AT gmail.com>, Mention <mention AT noreply.github.com>,emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] [tvraman/emacspeak] Cannot configure automatic language switching in multispeech server to work with emacspeak (Issue #107)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 11:37:30 -0800

I suggest the following:

1. He create a Github PR based on his work, but against the latest Git
Snapshot.
2. That he publish that PR on the Emacspeak list.
3. That he responds to feedback there, and fixes any issues.
4. When we are past that, we can consider next steps.
5. Personally I'd prefer that he creates and maintains an independent
Russian-support package once the minimal set of changes to Emacspeak
have been integrated
6. The above is because I cannot maintain the Russian support because I
can neither read nor write it, and it'll go stale unless someone who
is passionate about it owns it.

--

  • Re: [Emacspeak] [tvraman/emacspeak] Cannot configure automatic language switching in multispeech server to work with emacspeak (Issue #107), T.V Raman, 02/25/2024