emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Question about best way to install and configure emacs and emacspeak in m1 MACs

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Question about best way to install and configure emacs and emacspeak in m1 MACs

  • From: Argiris Koumtzis <argiris.koumtzis AT gmail.com>
  • To: emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Question about best way to install and configure emacs and emacspeak in m1 MACs
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 13:54:22 +0200

Hey all,
I am currently using an 2021 m1 MacBook Pro and I want to install from
scratch emacs and emacspeak. Could someone clarify the following: Is now
emacspeak60 by default using swift Mac?
Is this new project recommended for use or there are still some things to be
resolved? I would like to have something that works at the moment because I
have to use emacspeak for my job. Could someone describe the process to
getting started from scratch or point me with a link where I could find
reliable instructions for how to make the set up to work?
Thanks in advance and I am sorry if i am asking something stupid/trivial.
Best,
Dr. Argyrios Koumtzis