emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Question about best way to install and configure emacs and emacspeak in m1 MACs

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Question about best way to install and configure emacs and emacspeak in m1 MACs

  • From: Argiris Koumtzis <argiris.koumtzis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • Cc: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Question about best way to install and configure emacs and emacspeak in m1 MACs
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 12:53:28 +0200

Hello Robert,
Thanks for your fast response. I installed emacs-plus with homebrew and
downloaded emacspeak from the link you included in your email. I then
navigate to the emacspeak directory and do:
Make clean
Make config
Make install
There is no error but when I opening emacs I am not having the delightful
greeting from emacspeak and emacspeak does not work at all. Does it have
something to do with Rosetta2 or what else could go wrong? Any idea how I can
go forward?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Cheers,
Argyrios