emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Swiftmac Server: MacOS / Swift / Minimal Build Requirements Help Wanted

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Swiftmac Server: MacOS / Swift / Minimal Build Requirements Help Wanted

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac Server: MacOS / Swift / Minimal Build Requirements Help Wanted
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 09:32:41 -0400

Hey All!

TL;DR: I need help finding out what the minimum requirements for building my
swiftmac package,
I need to confirm it works on Intel, and I would love to build a CI/CD FAT
binary generation so no
build is needed at all.

----

I am busy working on Swiftmac Server 2.0, but while I do that I am getting
ready to contribute
Swiftmac 1.0 to the Emacspeak project.

Swiftmac v1 link: https://github.com/robertmeta/swiftmac

Swiftmac 1.0 now has proper pitch shift on caps, still has a few little bugs,
but is stable and
mostly just-works (tm).

But, I run the most modern MacOS and a full fat Xcode install, and I am now
in the process of
finding what the absolute minimum of system requirements can be installed to
build it. I think
it needs XCode command line tools and nothing else.

If someone who has a minimal XCode install could try building it and report
back that would be
great.

Additionally, no testing has taken place on Intel Macs, so people with Intel
macs who could try
it that would be amazing as well.

My final sort of stretch goal would be a CI/CD build that could go in the
Emacspeak project to
generate FAT (intel/arm) binaries and have them be downloadable so there are
NO requirements
on the client side for having XCode installed. The makefile would download
from the Emacspeak
binary releases. I already build these and upload them by hand, it would
just be a matter of
doing it via Githubs CI/CD flow.

Anything else I should be considering before I contribute it?

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton