emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?

  • From: Victor Tsaran <vtsaran AT gmail.com>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:26:39 -0800

Hi.
This is probably a simple question, but I am not able to make the dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode variables "stick" and persist across sessions after setting them in my initialization file.
In fact, even if I set them interactively in one buffer with the "universal prefix" , they will get reset in other buffers.
I am probably missing something obvious here, but what?

Thanks for any pointers!
Best.
Victor