emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Victor Tsaran <vtsaran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:08:00 +0100

Hi Victor,
These variables are defined as local variables, meaning that if you're setting them with setq, the default value (which is the value assigned to the variable when you open a new buffer) isn't set.
To change the default value in your init file, you'd need to use `setq-default'. The syntax is like `setq', but it works with local variables. You can look it up in the elisp info pages for the caveats.
Good luck!