emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Question: what voice do you use on MacOS to be able to tell differences in pitch?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Question: what voice do you use on MacOS to be able to tell differences in pitch?

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • Cc: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Question: what voice do you use on MacOS to be able to tell differences in pitch?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:41:35 +0100

Hi Robert,
Sure! I’ll paste the log below. Also, as far as I remember, I haven’t
modified anything about Emacspeak’s behaviour in org-mode. If you like to
play with this on your own machine, open a new buffer (using `C-x b temp
<RET> <RET>’ to create a new buffer called “temp”), do `M-x org-mode <RET>’
and paste the line I shared in my very first email in this thread. That
should let you experience your changes in real time.
—beginning of paste—
tts_sync_state all 1 0 250
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
c { [[pmod 84.6]] [{echo 1 1 60 0.3}] }
q {aw 3 * }
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
c { [[pmod 84.6]] [{echo 1 1 60 0.3}] }
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
c { [[pbas 35]] [[pmod 112.8]] [{echo 1 1 80 0.3}] [[pmod 84.6]] [{echo
1 1 60 0.3}] }
q {TODO }
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
c { [[pmod 84.6]] [{echo 1 1 60 0.3}] }
q { Book a time on their }
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
c { [[pbas 35]] [{echo 1 1 60 0.3}] [[pmod 84.6]] [{echo 1 1 60 0.3}] }
q {calendar }
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
c { [[pmod 84.6]] [{echo 1 1 60 0.3}] }
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
c { [{echo 1 1 40 0.3}] [[pmod 84.6]] [{echo 1 1 60 0.3}] }
q {:week: }
c {[{voice systemDefault}] }
—end of paste—
Hope this helps!