emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Phasing out the Mac speech server?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Phasing out the Mac speech server?

  • From: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • To: "Parham Doustdar" (via emacspeak Mailing List) <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Cc: Parham Doustdar <parham90 AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Phasing out the Mac speech server?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 07:32:13 -0700

A lot of this sounds like highly corporate busy work, and I intend to
do none of that -- or at least not yet.

1. The next Emacspeak release will go out as is the source tree at the
end of this month.
2. mac-voices works perfectly well as of now with switfmac and mac so no
change.
3. After this release, I'll be marking servers/mac deprecated,
i.e. it'll get no changes unless we can find an owner (unlikely).
4. In the version after this one, I'll mark servers/mac obsolete, ie
users use it at their own peril and get to keep both pieces when it braks.
5. Next year, I'll move servers/mac to the attic, and that will also
have given us enough time to see if we need a separate
swiftmac-voices.el