emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Some auditory icon related bugs/issues

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Some auditory icon related bugs/issues

  • From: Tim Cross <theophilusx AT gmail.com>
  • To: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • Cc: emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Some auditory icon related bugs/issues
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:05:56 +1000

The problematic defcustom is for emacspeak-play-program not sox-play. It
is defined as

(defcustom emacspeak-play-program
(or emacspeak-pactl sox-play)
"Play program.
Pulse: For systems running Pipewire or Pulseaudio.
sox-play: For systems using SoX as the local player.
None: For systems that rely on the speech server playing the icon."
:type
'(choice
(const :tag "None" nil)
(const :tag "Pulse" "/usr/bin/pactl")
(const :tag "SoX" "/usr/local/bin/play"))
:set
#'(lambda(sym val)
(set-default sym val)
(cond; only 3 valid states:
((null val) (setq ems--play-args nil)) ; serve icons
((string= emacspeak-pactl val); pactl: play-sample
(setq ems--play-args "play-sample"))
((or (string= "/usr/bin/play" val); sox-play: play file
(string= "/usr/local/bin/play" val))
(setq ems--play-args "-q -v 0.4"))))
:group 'emacspeak)