emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • Cc: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:08:38 -0400

Raman--

Yeah, I chased my tail for a bit today trying to get the PCM buffer to zero
out
half of it, seems like legit OS bug in MacOS, reaching out for more help, but
I have it reduced to a minimal example and still no luck. To double my
annoyance it works fine in the old version (NSS variant) which will be removed
in MacOS 15. MacOS is a second class citizen in AVFoundation support.

That said, I might have found a solution, it would require a little setup by
the
user but you can create new composite device on MacOS and you can
reduce the volume to 0 on the right or left channel. Trying to see if I can
do
this setup programmatically and confirm I can target that device for output,
but
it is at least a path (got the idea from the emacspeaks code).

But enough zero progress for tonight, more zero progress tomorrow!