emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • Cc: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:27:31 -0400

Yep, that is a good idea. I been focusing on trying to just make it work, now
I have to dig into the specific usage of it in emacspeak. But with this and
hopefully my beepcaps fix, I think that will make the implementation feature
complete.

Will still have to work on voices some as the only tools I have to really
work
with are:
- literal voice, as of Swiftmac 2.0 the cost of switching is a non-issue
- pitch multiplier, between 0.5 and 2.0
- rate between .1 and 1 (which is a MacOS value of 0% to 100%)

I want to experiment with like using a completely different voice for things
in quotes (like Alex for regular, Samatha for in quotes) and have lots of
other things I would like to build up on the lisp side once I lock down this
final implementation, so I can work on the more fun tweaky bits.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists AT robertmelton.com