emacspeak - [Emacspeak] trying to get a decent serverr to work on linux

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] trying to get a decent serverr to work on linux

  • From: John Covici <covici AT ccs.covici.com>
  • To: emacspeak AT emacspeak.net
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] trying to get a decent serverr to work on linux
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 04:44:42 -0400

Hi. Well, I was using software dectalk, butt it stopped speaking and
c-e c-s did not work, I had to go to another window and kill the emacs
process. What I really would like to do is to use my voxin voice
which works great with speech dispatcher. I tried to use outloud
which I thoughtt would give me that server, but it said no language
file found, so I am in a quandry here and any suggestions would be
appreciated.

I am using the gentoo operating system, and voxin is working great
with speech dispatcher.

--
How do
you spend it?