emacspeak - [Emacspeak] Swiftmac server now part of emacspeak and plan going forward

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] Swiftmac server now part of emacspeak and plan going forward

  • From: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac server now part of emacspeak and plan going forward
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:59:43 -0500

Hey swiftmac users!

I contributed swiftmac to emacspeak proper at the last possible moment of
2023, because I wanted to do it last year. :)

That said, I heard your feedback and while T.V. has been awesome enough to
just accept my patches as long as as I stay to my Swiftmac subtree (thanks
again!)... I understand that you want to continue using stable releases of
Emacspeak!

So, I am tweaking my Swiftmac repo to be the cutting edge version, and place
to track bug reports. When it hits nice stable points or critical bug fixes
I will be pushing those up to emacspeak.

Still puzzling out the best way to accomplish this, but for now I will just
make the changes to emacspeak by hand when the code gets to a point I think
it should be moved over.

Bugs still exist, report them at https://github.com/robertmeta/swiftmac/issues

I will still be creating fat-binaries from time to time to support the users
who can not run swift to build the project.

Version 2, the rewrite using the newer mac audio subsystem will be up around
the end of the month under the v2 branch, but it is likely not going to be
easy to use day to day unless you want to contribute and know swift.

Thanks everyone for the support.