emacspeak - [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

[Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:45:51 +0100

Hi,
I’m encountering something that I’m not sure is a bug, so sharing it here to
either report it or learn more about why it works this way.
In emacspeak-speak.el:1451, Emacspeak sets (and later concats) the variable
`autospeak’ to report the status of the `emacspeak-comint-autospeak'
variable. I imagine this would only be useful in comint buffers, but I don’t
see a check about it anywhere. As a result, I hear this in help buffers, I
hear this in org buffers, and so on – even though as far as I understand, it
isn’t relevant.
Is this a bug, or is there something I’m missing?
Thanks!