emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • Cc: "Parham Doustdar (via emacspeak Mailing List)" <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 13:50:45 +0100

Hi Raman,
Thanks for the explanation and the changes.
You made me realise that I have no clue what goes on in the Makefile. I’ll
learn from the syntax and look deeper into that, thanks.
I also wanted to reassure you that I know everyone is busy, and sending an
email is not my first reaction to encountering an issue. That is what I hope
to illustrate by always including the steps that I took to debug or resolve
it. When I send an email asking something, it’s because either (1) I wonder
if I’m understanding the intention correctly or (2) my skills and Google
haven’t turned up a solution, likely because I’m encountering an “unknown
unknown”.
I’m always very open to learning, so if you or anyone else on the list has
concrete steps I could take, or resources I could learn from, feel free to
share – I commit to taking action on getting better at solving my own
problems.
Thanks.