emacspeak - Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before eve ry mode line – is this a bug?

Subject: Emacspeak discussion list

Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before eve ry mode line – is this a bug?

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Robert Melton <lists AT robertmelton.com>
  • Cc: Tim Cross <theophilusx AT gmail.com>, Emacspeaks <emacspeak AT emacspeak.net>, "T.V Raman" <raman AT google.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before eve ry mode line – is this a bug?
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 08:37:05 +0100

Hi Robert,
I completely agree. I understand T. V.'s frustration after years and years of
maintaining Emacspeak and potentially answering the same questions over and
over. At the same time, I have to be honest, it took me 2-3 years to get to
the point where I had enough of a rudimentary understanding of elisp and
Emacs navigation facilities to even start attempting to understand what's
going on.
I think the solution to this is more community members taking a role in
helping where we can. I can see you, Victor, and Tim answering a lot of
questions, and I always chime in where I know what's going on. If more people
share knowledge, we can hopefully help teach people how to fish, without
training to ask for the fish :-)
Sent from my iPhone